Date : 12/1/2009
Time : around 5 p.m.
Venue : KENMS cafe, IIUM
I was on my way to Mahallah Ali's field but suddenly i felt very hungry when i saw the econs cafe. I decided to stop by at the cafe and eat something before continuing my journey to Mahallah Ali's field to work. I ended up buying a kebab in pita bread, which is one of my favourite. I was having that delicious kebab when I saw something that I think it should not happen.
I saw a married couple arrived at the cafe. Both the husband and the wife are students (from the books and heavy bags they carried). The wife is pregnant. I think the pregnancy was around 6 to 7 months. At first, i thought the couple were so sweet. But my first impression changed after that.
I saw them stopped in front of one of the food stalls. They talked to each other for a while. Then the husband walked away from his wife and went downstairs to have a nice sit, leaving his wife to buy food for them. Starting from here, i could see the flaw. The husband left his PREGNANT WIFE to buy food for him, but he did not take his wife's books and heavy bag!! Hello! Your wife is pregnant! Your wife is carrying your baby, she was carrying books, and she was also carrying her bag, which looked very heavy, and you left her to buy food for you while you were relaxing downstairs waiting for your wife to bring the food for you? Why didn't you help her? At least help her to carry her books and bag and bring them with you.
Brother, where did you put your senses? Didn't you think about how tired she was? She needs to carry the baby everywhere, but you did not even try to lessen her burden? Try to put yourself in her shoes. Sometimes, women will never complain. She'll keep it to herself and when the time comes, all will be burst out. That is when disaster will happen.
My advice is, please be more considerate and be a gentleman. She is not any other person BUT she is your WIFE. The one who will spend her entire life with you. The one who will raise your children together with you and etc. Appreciate her while you still can. Show her that you love her and that she means a lot to you while you can. Because everything would be meaningless if she's gone...
Lastly, I want to apologize if I hurt somebody's feelings. I need to stress this out since many husbands take their wives for granted. Guys, either you are married or not, please take note of this matter. Act now or else you will regret it later.

No comments:
Post a Comment